Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Easing Out of the Batcave

Dearest Barbara*,

Hey y'all! Homes! Dudeleh! Remember me? Well, I've had about enough of my sad sack bullshit, so I'm here to lighten the mood. Many thanks to all of y'all who left such nice comments here, I really appreciate it.

The quick news update is that I managed to get started at the New School despite the job loss. This is my second week of classes and I am completely nerdily ecstatically loving the whole damn thing. You never saw somebody so delighted to buy a 5-subject spiral notebook. Pile on the coursework, bitches! I'm taking intensive Spanish, two fiction-writing classes, and a Lit course, "Southern Modernists." Am currently geeking out on Wolfe's Look Homeward, Angel for that class. I've had to read a 70-page chunk of it, plus read two Flannery O'Connor essays, do a crapload of Spanish grammar exercises, and write nine pages of fiction, all since last week. DOESN'T THAT SOUND LIKE A LOT? It seems like it to me.

Anyhow, I'll have far more to say about all that later on. Meanwhile, I KNOW you're dying for some fone fotos.

Photo restoration display in Greenpoint shop window.












Cops navigating large puddle, McCarren park.




The explain-o-monster from my dreams.



Can you spot the Empire state Building in this foto?




Future ex-husband Heath watching A&E documentary about the Gucci murder.


*Barbara, in case you've forgotten, is what I call all y'all, collectively. It amuses me, and nobody seems to mind.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back. we should have lunch sometime.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sarah

haven't talked to you in forever. it's so weird because i used to have a blog with this exact same background. anyway, i'm going to be in new york tomorrow for two days. it's gonna be crazy. but i'm staying in times square at the marriott marquis. my boyfriend is running sound also for this show at the bowery on monday. and there's a show in the village that my radio show is doing on sunday. east village, i think. anyway, i don't know what you're up to but joshua is living with me right now and can get a hold of me too.

xox
alissa

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home