Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What Are Y'all Doing Friday Night?



My supertalented pal Alice Lee has a gig at the Knitting Factory this Friday. You would like her music, I bet. Melodic, soulful, dreamy, smart. Like Edith Piaf crossed with Beck, or Nina Simone plus Jamiroquai divided by Brazil 66. PLUS, SHE PLAYS AN ACCORDION WHICH IS ALMOST LARGER THAN SHE IS. IT IS GODDAMN INSPIRING, IS WHAT IT IS.
1,9 to Franklin St.
N,R,A,C,E to Canal St.
$10


Alice Lee - throat, guitar, etc.
Cat Oberg - violin, drums
Alan Hampton - bass
Scott McCampbell - guitar

This is Alice:


She's donating current CD sales to Red Cross fund, you can listen to it and buy it here. Her blog is funny, too.


(Cel phone photo of the Star Wars diorama by Clara Lee, incidentally.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, chica, for the writeup. i'll wear my best blueface friday night!

al

7:24 AM  
Blogger miss wendy said...

I followed the link as instructed and I listened and I liked the music so thank you Ms F

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! A week!

Dodge

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home