Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I've probably mentioned this before, but my cel phone has a camera in it.

bklyn bathroom
This is my bathroom. Yep.


nyer of the day
This lady is my New Yorker Of The Week, y'all. I took this a few days ago, when the heat index here was 110 degrees. Pretty much every person I set eyes on was half-naked and sweaty in a bad, cranky, unflattering way, not a hott TV So You Think You Can Dance kinda way. Then I noticed this lady. She was wearing a dark-blue gabardine suit comprised of a short-sleeved jacket and nifty culottes, with a flame-red blouse underneath and a white straw hat. I wasn't ballsy enough to approach her or anything. So here's a back view. She was awesome, I swear. Also, she might've been a dude.


chuck ramirez
This is Chuck Ramirez in his back yard in San Antonio, Texas. The pint glasses of colored water speak to me. I dig how this photo turned out, overall. Chuck's a great artist who lives next door to another great artist, my pal Kimberly Aubuchon.
Here's Kimberly:
kimberly Kimberly and I have a metal band called Shades of Eddie Money. Our first single gonna drop someday, bitches.

puddle island
My friend Anne and I were hanging out in the East Village the other night and came across this thing just sitting in a puddle. It's the top of a stool, a plastic flamingo, and some greenery. It was really deliberate-seeming. Right on, I say! Thank you, Public Sculptor, whoever you are.


impressionistic balloon hat
Gene made this balloon hat he's wearing. Soon after I took this photo, it popped. Gene exclaimed, "Well! Apropos of nothing, my hat explodes!" Anyone who can quip thusly after suffering a hat explosion is aces in my book.


i've been eating plants
HAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!! I'm just so glad this kid had the guts to 'fess up. I don't know which organization is responsible for this bus-kiosk PSA but I love them. DON'T LET YOUR KIDS EAT HOUSEPLANTS. THAT SHIT IS POISONOUS, PROBABLY! FURTHERMORE, PLANT-EATING CHILDREN MAY MOVE ON TO EATING PHONES.
THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I'd forgotten about the balloon hat. Balloon hats for everyone!

10:15 PM  
Blogger miss wendy said...

the hat's great, it's all t'riffic..I like it..so thank you yet again Ms Fisch.. for the smile on my dial (but no flashing)

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, i think that is a man in the Gaberdine suit, and if Paul Simon knows his ass from his elbow, i'd say he's spy.

Thanks for confiring that there is such a thing as a Garberdine suit, i always thought it was a word Paul Simon made up, that clever pot head!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, really, WTF was up with the flamingo on the stool?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I ate mad houseplants as a kid and i am okay... though I did eventually move on to eating housewares and then finally housecats, i did have to do time in the late seventies because of this problem , but i had a large handle bar mustache and let me tell you a handlebar mustache in the prison system in the seventies is an all day all night village people ymca party scene where everything is pal-sy pal-sy ... pal-Zee.. like we are all pals ... not like cerebal palsy thats entire different... well unless you count the guy with CP on Teir 3.. he was a real go'er.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Grantley said...

You know, if I worked for Motorola I'd be the guy who invented a cellphone that was stylish, rugged and light and that was particularly good at making and receiving calls. Then, instead of attaching a camera to it, I'd make it cheaper. I'd be a fckn hero. A HERO.

8:11 AM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

But, see, Grantley, mine takes PICTURES! Lately though it won't phone Texas for some reason. I think it may be political.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does everyone in texas make that "texas" face for pictures?

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand the houseplants kid. Are child plant eaters an epidemic? Is there a campaign to stop them? I really need more info.

Dodge

6:54 AM  
Blogger miss wendy said...

Hey ms Fisch Ihope you heard the 'tongue in cheek' with my comment via jeffmac's page. w)

1:22 AM  
Blogger lightbulb oven said...

maybe your metal band can tour with my metal band, WIZARDS OF FINLAND!!!!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Grantley said...

I am going to have to admit that I have, more than once, seen something that would have, in each instance, justified a damn camera in my cell phone. Your pictures here are all each a good or great argument for a camera in my cell phone. Can I get a camera in my eyeball?

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Dodge.

16 days and counting. Hmph.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home