Monday, October 02, 2006

Home Invasion



The flash on my phone-cam doesn't work all that well--but I swear that outside the windowscreen right now, there is a cat trying like hell to break in. A smallish, darkish, very determined little amber-eyed cat, clawing hell out of my windowscreen (my wndow's open) and meowing to be let in.
"No!" I keep telling her. "I don't know you."

But I feel awful! If she's still there tomorrow...then what? There are already two cats living here. Plus, I'm allergic. Thirdly, I don't want one! I don't even have a fish or a turtle or a houseplant!

WHAT IF THE CAT IS STILL AROUND TOMORROW, BARBARA?
I can't feed it, or it'll never leave. I've acquired cats that way before. GodDAMN. Winter's coming. I can't take this on.
Plus!
I am reading Poe for my Major American Writers of the 19th Century class, currently, and I think she might be like a reflection of my previous misdeeds, and wanna get in here and claw my throat out. Hell to the NO! NOT THIS GIRL!

SCAT!



WHAT TO DO?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the tell tale cat?

i hear ya. i'm having cat troubles myself. my recently homeless ass is now living in a recording studio with harley and a cat who HATES him.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home