Friday, September 22, 2006

Rest in Peace, Governor






Dear Ann,

I'm so sad you're gone, Governor Richards. The first vote I ever cast was for you, and I would've gone on voting for you forever, were it possible. You made being a Texan more fun and helped us all seem temporarily smarter. I hope you get many public schools and theatres and libraries named after you. I myself plan to re-name something in your honor. I'll let you know what, when I figure it out. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Sincerely yours,
Sarah Fisch


edited to add: I found this in the Wikipedia article about Ann:
In 2006, the Austin Independent School District announced "The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders," a college preparatory school for girls, with grades 6-12 which will open in the fall of 2007. The intellectual focus will be math, science and technology, while the physical focus is building strength through good nutrition, exercise and other wellness strategies.

Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did. But she did it backwards and in HIGH HEELS!

We love you, Ann!

8:36 AM  
Blogger chartreuse velour said...

how 'bout a fancy pen?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home