Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Vagina Day



In my Valentine's day e-mail from my mother:

I drug your father, the Woods, the Schwartzmen and the Hamlins with me last
night to see "Vagina Monologues." I figured it was a good Vday
acknowledgement. They all actually enjoyed it, I think, but it did make us
all uncomfortable, of couse.
Sam Gilliam was in it.


Sam Gilliam was my high school drama teacher.
Happy Vagina Day, y'all!

(Note: Photo taken in 8th Avenue stop of the L train--found artwork commentary by anonymous New Yorker.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah!

I'm enjoying your blog for many reasons, not the least of which is getting to read Mama Fisch's emails about vagina.

These little updates put me right back on a Fisch couch with a dog and a cocktail.

cheers,
amanda

2:02 PM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

Hi Amanda! (Or as Mama Fisch still occasionally insists on calling you, "'Mandy.")
Thanks dude!
The dog situation in my family is getting out of control. Next time you sit on a Fisch couch, you may have as many as four to contend with. The cocktail situation remains as per usual.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to find out if my dad enjoyed the vagina show, or if he fell asleep. . .

most interesting

11:54 AM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

Now, I suspect y'all are posting comments just to use the word "vagina." And Kenneth, I think there wasn't any sleeping! But then again, Unka Mark falls asleep at public performances with such regularity that maybe it just went unremarked upon. Don't you wish we had a photo of them-all watching, all lined up in a row? I think the faces I'd most like to see are my dad and your mom.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home