Sunday, October 15, 2006

Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls

Rest In Peace, Freddie Fender! I drove through your birthplace of San Benito, Texas, this August, and was so happy to see a water tower devoted to you. I saw you live once, too, when I was a little kid, at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. You sang "I'll Be There" and "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights" and you were brilliant and glamorous. I'm sure many Lone Stars are mid-hoist for you tonight at Bar America in San Antonio, where one can still hear you on the jukebox about every 45 minutes, and everyone sings along. I just love the sound of your voice. Tell Governor Richards I said hey.
Love,
Sarah

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, that sucks

I'm gonna have a lone star tonight in his honor

3:49 PM  
Blogger lightbulb oven said...

i thought of you when i read his obituary.

this has been a hard few weeks for texas!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home