Friday, February 17, 2006

BUFFALO TIME

This happened like three weeks ago, but I just uploaded the photos. Now, Barbara, you may have wondered, what makes Fisch laugh? Furthermore, what makes Fisch laugh while drunk on a cold Sattidy night?

I'll tell you what. So, my friend the artist known as Chartreuse Velour threw a terrific small all-girl clothing swap and dinner party. We ate two kinds of casserole, and salad, and ran around half-naked tryin' on blouses and whatnot, talked a lot, danced some, drank beer and wine. Here's the CV, writer, crafter, commandant, playing some rockin' mood music:
So then her Fiance (pronounced fye-ants, always, in my mind)came home with a bottle of bourbon.
Wooo! When he showed it to me though, his manly hand was obscuring part of the "Buffalo Trace" label, and I asked aloud if it was "Buffalo Time" bourbon.
Oh, how we laughed, when it was revealed how the bourbon was called "Buffalo Trace" . I laughed, anyhow. Buffalo Trace = evocative, semi-Yoknapatawphian (I am reading Faulkner now)fancy-likker place name, kinda. Buffalo Time = what is it?? When is Buffalo Time? How does one keep Buffalo Time? Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific... and BUFFALO TIME. All right, if I have to explain it this hard, it's probably not that funny. But the girls (and Warren) obliged me. Mainly by passing the bourbon bottle around, taking swigs, and bellowing BUFFALO TIME! at the top of our voices. OK, mostly me.

And perhaps not surprisingly, it got funnier and funnier to me as the night wore on.
Here we are, then, engaging in Buffalo Time.
What time is it, y'all?
BUFFALO TIME.

To wit, dig artstar celebutante Anne Sussman here:


And how about la Kat Fasano? She's in Brain School, so you know she knew what time it was.


And Lori Mocha celebrates Buffalo Time just like a normal person. But go look at her blog, yo.

And here's Emilie Blythe McDonald. Don't let the fact that she's bottle-free fool you. Total Buffalo Gal! Behind Em, Warren is visible.

I hope he ain't mad we drank up alla his Buffalo Time.

12 Comments:

Blogger chartreuse velour said...

actually that's me behind em. warren was sitting on the floor in front of the fridge all night. because we do not have an airport and he was DJing.

you know, i think it's gettin' on about buffalo time again....

11:31 AM  
Blogger LORMO said...

BUFFALO TIME IS NOW.

12:02 PM  
Blogger AFM said...

looks like fun! I miss all you guys. But my internet is keeping me company...

And ya'll be invited to the housewarming when I have one.

in the meantime, NEW BLOG
http://www.angryfeministmom.blogspot.com/

This is gonna be the last one, I swear...

2:21 PM  
Blogger chartreuse velour said...

Oh, Broomie, Buffalo Time!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're always welcome to my buffalo time sarah

frankly, it's not buffalo time without you

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was the best night ever! BUFFALO TIME!

CLOthing swap during spring break, ms. sarah?

we can always use my place for buffalo times and swaps!

i like that photo of me. the bottle loks huge in my hand!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to read this again today for a laugh, yo. Just the memory of Buffalo time makes me almost tear up. do you remember Ms, sussman with her old man soul voice every time she took a swig? too much yo. too much.

11:07 AM  
Blogger chartreuse velour said...

i'm dying to see your pad too, kat.
and all y'all too, uhcourse.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Grantley said...

I don't mean to butt in, but I've been on Buffalo Time for a few years now, and I didn't know what to call it. Now I know that not only have I been on Buffalo Time, but that I need to state the fact vigorously, at intervals.

4:06 PM  
Blogger LORMO said...

Oh sweet Buffalo Time, will I ever see you again?

4:17 AM  
Blogger OCPD said...

Am I being thick? What is Buffalo Time?

2:53 PM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

The term Buffalo Time was occasioned by my misreading a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon ( I was looking at the bottle in somebody's hand and only saw the Buffalo T__e.) Buffalo Time is anytime you've got your clutch of noble savages together to pass a bottle of bourbon around and cackle like mad. Try it! Buffalo Time UK!

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home