Monday, May 01, 2006

Espagnole!

I spelled the post title that-a-way because I never can figure out how to get a tilde going. A tilde is that squiggly line over an n. I should sprobably eventually figure out how to type one, seeing as how I do plan to be functional in Spanish one day.

My final exam is tomorrow. Luckily it will be hand-written.

Things I have learned en mi clase de Espagnole:
1. Mi compagnera de clase, Akiko, NUNCA le regala NADA a su papa. (Pero no se porque.)
2. El Lago de Titicaca no es chistoso.
3. A la profesora favorita de Nadine en Alemania del Este le gustaba cantar marchas comunistas.
4. John Leguizamo es Colombiano, no es Puertoriquegno! COLOMBIANO, ENTIENDES?
5. Los Tamil Tigers son muy seriosos.
6. Chris, un padre nuevo, teme mucho la organizacion se llama La Leche League.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. so keep in mind i failed spanish in high school, but:

1. my partner in class (akiko) doesn't like her pops. but don't ask me why. maybe because he gave her a name that clearly wasn't spanish

2. boobieshit lake is not chartreuse

3. my professor likes to sing communist march songs

4. john leguisamo is columbian, not puerto rican. he likes to sell sugar gliders not dance in the alley singing about living in a-mer-ik-a.

5. the tamil tigers are real serious. prolly cuz they're worried that john leguisamo might come after them if they get outta line. him and his peeps.

6. chris, our new father, has really organized the milk league.

how'd i do? do you think i'd pass this time?

11:30 AM  
Blogger chartreuse velour said...

i disagree with number 2. heh: "number 2".

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for a while i would get these bizarre prank calls in spanish from number 2.

how weird is that? en espagnole.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no se apoye contra la puerta

9:00 PM  
Blogger LORMO said...

I enjoy burritos.

10:13 PM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

Alissa, all things considering, you did pretty damn good.
I too enjoy burritos and find Lake Boobieshit amusing. And I will not lean on the door, I swear.

8:05 AM  
Blogger PRan said...

Well after all we have Google language tools to do the job.
I only know Englih, Sinhala & some Tamil. Would like to learn more.
So how was the exam..
Hope U've done well.

11:13 AM  
Blogger anonaMaux said...

On my little mac, I had to set the common language to British. That way I could find the ñ by using the option key. It puts the squiggly symbol in yellow, then type n again ! tada. For some reason setting the mac with the 'merican flag doesn't work;) me entiendes? buensa suerte con su exams!

Hey darling. Miss you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger sarahfisch said...

Hi Pran! I think I did muy bien en el examen. I learned quite a bit of espagnole. Next, Sinhalese!

Maux! Where you been? xoxo

6:21 PM  
Blogger Grantley said...

Sarah, cuando quieres usar el "enye", opríme el botón "Alt" y el numero 164 ala tiempo mismo.

¡Español!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home